Friday, August 7, 2009

Depeche Mode vs Kings of Leon - Lollapalooza day 1



Mud, music and alcohol resulted in a pretty good festival day. I had my secret weapon: pink galoshes I could go where other people didn't dare to go. Big puddles = easy shortcuts.

We got there just in time to see the Thievery Corporation. I really liked them, so did the crowd. The mud dancing had officially started. Yet after 3 songs I felt my husband pulling me toward another stage. He was in a hurry to see Peter Bjorn And John. I liked them, but wished I could finish watching TC.

Let's forward to the headliners. So who was better; Depeche Mode or Kings of Leon? I have to say: Kings of Leon. I love you Dave Gahan, but you can't play new songs and expect the crowd to "get into it." We were hoping for more of the "oldies, but goodies." On the other hand, KOL's last record was amazing, everyone new it and everyone sang along.

My festival's highlight: seeing Perry Farell backstage.



No comments: