Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chicago Fashion Incubator....I will miss you!



Since my time at the Chicago Fashion Incubator is winding down, I would like to pay tribute to this exceptional program.

The Chicago Fashion Incubator is a non-profit organization supporting emerging Chicago designers. Each year they pick six promising designers to mentor. Two main sponsors of the program are Macy's on State Street and the City of Chicago.

Chicago Magazine said it best when they wrote:

"The Incubator is a collaborative effort between Macy's and the city, and Mayor Daley himself stopped by to share a very few words about his goals for the program: "to give [the designers] the help they need to succeed in fashion in Chicago—and to keep them here. If we're going to be really a global city, the fashion industry has to be part of that image."

Now that it's time to move out; I'm reflecting on the past year with the program. I'm very thankful for all the help and support I have received. I loved working at the Macy's on State Street, and will have the fondest memories of my time here. In addition to the mentoring received, Evil Kitty has also gotten a lot of press.

View some of the articles from the past year.
Chicago Magazine's Blog
Newcity Article
StyleChicago.com

We were also on ABC-7 Chicago. Click here to view the clip.

No comments: